Our mission is to be a higher education health sciences center, expert in the education of healthcare professionals at the undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate levels, as well as in continuing education, a leader in prevention services, health promotion and protection, and research aimed at furthering knowledge and improve current health conditions in Puerto Rico, in close alliance with the community and the health sector.
To become an internationally respected, interdisciplinary Academic Center for Health and a model of excellence in health care, the education of health professionals, researchers and scholars, interaction with the community, and interdisciplinary research, all of which will translated into improved health in the different populations and in the healthcare services system of Puerto Rico.
- Excellence at the core of academic life and faculty activities.
- Integrity in university activities and processes.
- Respect for the search for truth, justice, freedom, equality, and human dignity.
- Commitment to ethical, humanistic, and professional standards.
- Honesty and respect in communication.
- Creativity and innovation in generating ideas, developing new knowledge, searching for solutions and making decisions.
- Professionalism characterized by inter-professional collaboration, flexibility, and acceptance of diversity.
- Continuing education and independent learning fostering reflection and creative and critical thinking.
- Leadership and social responsibility in addressing the health problems of the population of Puerto Rico.
- Comprehensive development of the physical, mental, social and spiritual health of human beings.
- Sensitivity and commitment to the needs of the community.
Approved by: Certification SA 049, 2008-09