- UPR/CHA Export Winter Training Institute and Advisory Board Meeting 2010
The UPR-CHA EXPORT Center held a winter training institute at La Concha Hotel in San Juan, Puerto Rico on December 7-10, 2010. EXPORT faculty and trainees had the opportunity to participate in a mock review session, present their work, and obtain feedback from senior researchers. They also participated in a workshop
given by Dan Ollendorf designed to instruct on "The What, Why and How of Comparative Effectiveness Research".
- We have some presentations available, Contact Us.
- CERED - Presentation
- UPR Winter Institute CER Slides Dec1
- Dr. Canino received the Rema Lapouse Award, at the APHA 137th Annual Meeting and Exposition in Philadelphia 2009, which is granted to outstanding scientists in the area of psychiatric epidemiology.
- Dr. Benjamin Cook's latest article on Measuring Racial/Ethnic Disparities is now published in the Early View online section of Health Services Research.
- Dr. Glorisa Canino awarded an NIH-P60 grant to establish the UPR-CHA Research Center of Excellence: Making a Difference for Latino Health
Dr. Canino will serve as Principal Investigator of the Center a collaborative effort between the Cambridge Health Alliance and Harvard University. The main goal of the Center is to conduct research on Latino health and health care disparities, specifically mental disorders and asthma, and to use the knowledge obtained to generate and test models of improved service delivery to eliminate these disparities.
- DHS Secretary designates Dr. Glorisa Canino as a member of the National Advisory Mental Health Council
Dr. Glorisa Canino, Principal Investigator of the UPR/CHA Exploratory EXPORT Center, was recently designated by the Secretary of the Department of Health Services of the United States, to serve as a member of the National Advisory Mental Health Council at the National Institutes of Health. Dr. Canino is the first Latino woman to receive this designation. Her term as council member extends until 2009.